Monday, April 18, 2011

another old article "Hitchin system"

Japanese version
Before About 2007 on en.wiki there are an another old article titled "Hitchin system". I don't know the auther of it. Of cource, now there is a nice article of the same title in the modern view point. But the old article is rather available and I post it on my BLOG. Because I drove it from my notebook, It might contain some mistakes.

Hitchin System (old version)

But the new version is the following, which point out that Hitchin system plays an important role in geometric Langlands correspondence over the field of complex numbers; related to conformal field theory as certain limit of Knizhnik–Zamolodchikov equations.

Hitchin_system (current version)

21 Jun. 2012:I have added the old version as Appendix and the current version contains the old one.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed the following fact only after I translated 2 articles into Japanese:

    These two items are posted on en.wiki as the same item now, but the different contents from the modern point of view.

    However, the following 4 items that is closely related to the above 2 items is still old contents.

    1、ADHM construction
    2、Hitchin functional
    3、generalized complex structure
    4、Nahm equation

    So they have consistent contents not to the new articles but the old ones.

    I think it is possible to be unavoidable on character of Wikipedia and it may be terribly difficult to match their level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 21 Jun. 2012:I have added the old version as Appendix and the current version contains the old one.

    And I have already posted its Japanese version on jp.wiki.

    ReplyDelete