Saturday, December 24, 2011

A talk at Phys. Tokyo UNIV:Agenda

Japanese version
On December 11 at the department of Physics of Tokyo UNIV. I gave a little talk about "Zeta Function and Correlation Function." Although this seminar is informal, I was allowed to perform a talk about 3 hours and introduce to young students some references. Eight persons heard my talk including two of my friends. Since young student were main partners, I said my opinion "algebra geometry and arithmetic geometry are important for physics (mathematical physics)."
Although the contents thought "the Zeta function and statistical mechanics" on October 23, since they were unlikely to suit the very younger students even if it did "muscle training of physics and mathematics," on the previous day, I decide that I would talk about references on Math. and Phys. for introduction, and created agenda hurriedly at the beginning.
("The muscle training of physical mathematics" has referred to the introduction of a Jordan canonical form, arithmetic functions, and analytic number theory, classical statistical mechanics, quantum statistical mechanics, and random walk, which I had said in the seminar "the Zeta function and statistical mechanics".)

Zeta Function and Correlation Function

5 comments:

  1. The textbook of the seminar "Zeta Function and Correlation Function" at Phys. Tokyo UNIV. for about 10 students is just my translations into Japanese of Prof. Le Bruyn's BLOG and my some comments.

    Fortunately, I know they use my BLOG articles on them seminar. Then I propose to give a little talk about "zeta function and statistical dymanics" and algebraic geom. and arithmetic geom. that there are behind them.

    I had stressed that algebraic geom. and arithmetic geom. should become very important for physics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Non-commutative geometry and Riemann zeta" is their textbook.

    I think that the 8-th short story in this page is very important for the time reversal transformation.

    Although there are many debates about it in physics the time reversal is explicit as some phenomena. For example, Newton equation, General relativity, and Schr"odinger equation are invariant under the time reversal transformation.

    In number theory, the time reversal transformation is rather ambiguous. Many mathematician agree with the conjecture that says a certain kind of distribution of prime numbers or Riemann zeros would become GUE due to random matrix theory, which means the time reversal symmetry breaking. But this is not theorem but a only conjecture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my agenda, Borcherds's "Monstrous moonshine and monstrous Lie superalgebras," which I firstly introduce, is a little difficult.

    So, I recommend to
    read a report "Sporadic groups and string theory" for Math. conference at Europe by Borcherds at 1992, which is more understandable and easier for the students.

    There is now posted on、

    http://math.berkeley.edu/~reb/papers/ecm/ecm.pdf

    , which had not published on arxiv but long ago I had gotten directly from Borcherds H.P..

    I remember this article by Borcherds with Prof. Wakimoto "Infinite dimensional Lie algebra (in Japanese)."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very glad to receive firstly a comment on "A talk at Phys. Tokyo UNIV:Agenda" but in Japanese version.

    ReplyDelete